We’ve all been there, struggling to keep the pace when life seems busier than ever. Between earning your degree online, raising a family and working full-time, there never seems to be enough hours in the day. For Waldorf Online students, this is nothing new. Yes, pursuing a new career requires dedication and focus, but not at the price of your health. Here are five ways to keep your eye on the prize while still keeping a healthy work-life balance.
- Be Still: According to the Huffington Post, people are happier and healthier when they commit 10-15 minutes to mindfulness meditation. Sitting in silence and not focusing on the tasks at hand for even a short amount of time can do wonders for your brain and your health.
- Use Your Vacation Days: So many U.S. employees fail to use their vacation days, blaming the unused time on the pressures of work, too much to do and even guilt for taking off. These are your vacation days. You’ve earned them, so use them! You’ll be happier and healthier for it.
- Exercise: Although this is nothing new, it’s one of the most important ways to create a healthy work-life balance. Getting in a little daily exercise (even 15-20 minutes per day) gives your body a chance to bounce back after sitting in the office all day. Take your studies outdoors, take the kids on an evening hike or take the dog for a walk.
- Schedule Fun Time: Whether your idea of winding down is a day at the beach, dinner with the family or even cooking dinner, adding a calendar appointment is an easy way to keep it at the forefront of your mind – and gives you something to look forward to after your work day!
- Junk Your Email: Checking your email (or social media, for that matter) during important family moments may seem like a small distraction, but could make you miss out on some of life’s best moments. If you need to check your email for work purposes, narrow it down to once every few hours.
At Waldorf, it’s not uncommon for our students to constantly be juggling many responsibilities at once. No matter where you are in your journey, Waldorf is here to help you every step of the way. Give us a call at (877) 267-2157 to learn how.