It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The kids are home from school. You have a few days off from work to relax and enjoy time with the family.
With the cold weather and extra free time, it can be tempting to stay indoors and binge watch your favorite show. Instead, shake things up this holiday season. There are plenty of things you can do—indoors and outdoors—to keep you and your family healthy and happy during the winter holidays.
- Build a Snowman: It might sound like a simple way to enjoy the cold weather, but there are more benefits than you might think. Working together with your family or friends to build something new is a great way to incorporate teamwork into your everyday lives.
- Have Family Game Night: If it’s too cold to go outside, having family game night is a great alternative. Turn off all cell phones, make some cocoa and spend the evening playing charades, cards or your favorite board game. A little competition never hurt anyone, right?
- Go Sledding: Other than the sheer joy that you’ll experience whizzing down your neighborhood’s tallest hill, walking up and down and back and forth is an easy way to work up a sweat while having some old-fashioned fun.
- Christmas Movie Night: Classic favorites like “Jack Frost,” “It’s a Wonderful Life” and “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” never get old. Put on some corn for popping and gather around for family movie night.
- Take a Walk: Soak in the beautiful winter weather by taking a stroll outdoors. Even a short walk around the block will get your blood pumping enough to keep you warm. Plus, exercise has been shown to increase energy, fight anxiety and depression.
Waldorf wishes you a safe and happy holiday season.