April 19-21, Waldorf University will be upgrading Blackboard into a more modern, user-friendly version. Some of the new features will include:
- Drag and Drop Files: Students will be able to drag files to upload when they submit assignments. If the browser allows, users will be able to drag a folder for files to upload individually.
- Dropbox Integration: Users can attach files and submit assignments from their personal Dropbox accounts using this new cloud service integration.
- Mobile Web Services: Users can embed images in HTML for in‐line display. The update also includes authentication and display corrections, along with increased responsiveness for small devices.
- Quality Improvements: There are multiple enhanced features and technology updates for efficiency, mobile use, performance and security. Additionally, the update includes a new theme that provides a modern look and feel.
- SafeAssign: Feature has been integrated into regular assignments.
- Special Characters: When a user uploads a file and the filename contains characters (such as /\:?*”<>), the system replaces the special character with an underscore (_).
- Submission Receipts: Captured at the time of submission, this includes information such as attached file information, date, time, etc.
We are confident that the updated version of Blackboard will be more user-friendly and will improve your overall learning experience.
If you have questions or concerns about these upcoming changes, please contact your student services representative at (877) 267-2157. If you experience any technical difficulties after the upgrade, please contact help desk support at (877) 399‐1063.